If you set Outgoing (or SMTP) Mail Server to mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your domain name, e.g., thisismydomain.org) you should be able to send emails. If you can't, here are some things to check:
First, make sure that you are authenticating to the server before you send -- usually this is done by checking your mailbox, but there may be settings in your email program to help do that automatically:
If you recieve the message "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" when sending email from Outlook try the following:
1. Go to the Outlook mail settings for the email address (Outlook account) your having problems with
Tools -> Accounts... -> Mail -> choose your account -> Properties -> Servers
Under "Outgoing Mail Server" check the box titled "My server requires authentication" and click the "Settings..." button. Choose "Use the same settings as my incoming amil server". Click "OK" on all the open windows to save the settings.
2. If the above does not fix the problem change your Outlook settings so your outgoing mail is not sent immediately
Tools -> Options... -> Send tab
Uncheck the box titled " Send messages immediately". Now when you compose a message it will not send right away. You will have to manually tell Outlook to send emails but it seems to get rid of the error.
Second, if that isn't the problem, make sure your service provider isn't one of those that force you to use their own SMTP server. (If it is, change the settings on your email program to their SMTP server). Certain users have experienced difficulties where their ISP refused to allow outgoing mail unless they used that provider's SMTP server.
If the problem still persists, let us know
- what email program / version / operating system you are using
- what settings you are using in your email program
- tell me as much as possible step-by-step what you do, and what the error message says when it comes up
- and let us know if we can create a test account under your domain. If we can recreate and observe the problem, it becomes quite a bit easier to fix.
If these do not answer your questions questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Return to Mail Help Page